|Product Name||Propylene Glycol|
|Flash Point (℃)||99℃（closed cup）107℃（open cup）|
|Melting Point (℃)||-59℃|
|Appearance||colorless or light yellow transparent liquid|
|PG Content wt||99.8%min||99.5%min|
|Moisture wt% ≤||0.1||0.1|
|Chrominance (platinum-cobalt) No.≤||5||10|
|Acidity % ≤||0.01||0.01|
|Boiling Range ℃||184-190||183-190|
Propylene glycol is miscible with water, ethanol and various organic solvents. Propylene glycol can be used as raw material for unsaturated polyester resin.
1. Propylene glycol is used as raw materials for resin, plasticizer, surfactant, emulsifier and demulsifier, as well as antifreeze and heat carrier.
2. Propylene glycol is used as fixed solution, solvent, antifreeze, plasticizer and dehydrating agent for gas chromatography.
3. Carrier solvent;Wetting agents;Moisturizing factor;Anticaking agent.Antioxidants;Tissue improvers;Surfactant;Stabilizing agent;Thickener;Dough conditioner;Emulsifier;Seasoning;Excipients;Processing AIDS.GB 2760 ~ 96 is as food processing additives.It mainly used for various spices, pigments, preservatives solvent, vanilla beans, roasted coffee granules, natural spices extraction solvent.Humectant and softener for confectionery, bread, packaged meats, cheese, etc.
4. Propylene glycol is the intermediate of the fungicide phenyl ether metronidazole.
5. As a solvent, propylene glycol can dissolve preservatives, pigments, antioxidants and other food additives that are difficult to dissolve in water, and then add food;It has stronger hygroscopicity,and protect wet and antifreeze action to food.
6. Propylene glycol is an important raw material of unsaturated polyester, epoxy resin, polyurethane resin, the amount of this aspect accounts for about 45% of the total consumption of propylene glycol, this unsaturated polyester is widely used in surface coating and reinforced plastics.Propylene glycol is viscous and hygroscopic, and non-toxic, so it can be used in the food, medicine and cosmetics industry widely as a hygroscopic agent, antifreeze, lubricant and solvent.In the food industry, propylene glycol and fatty acid react to form propylene glycol fatty acid ester, which is mainly used as food emulsifier. Propylene glycol is a good solvent for condiment and pigment.Propylene glycol in the pharmaceutical industry is often used to manufacture all kinds of ointment, ointment solvent, softener and excipient, etc., because propylene glycol and various spices have better mutual solubility, it also used as cosmetics solvent and softener and so on.Moreover, Propylene glycol is used as a tobacco humidifier, anti-mildew agent, food processing equipment lubricating oil and food marking ink solvent.The aqueous solution of propylene glycol is an effective antifreeze.
7. Propylene glycol is used as drug carrier and granular drug agent.It can be used as moisturizer, softener and solvent in cosmetics.Tobacco industry can be used as tobacco flavor, tobacco moisture agents, preservatives.In the food industry as a flavor, food coloring solvent, food packaging softener, food anti-stick agent.It can be used for the production of unsaturated polyester resin, plastic plasticizer, dehydrating agent, surfactant, curing agent, binder raw materials.And it can be used in paint, pesticides, coatings and other industries.